Safer, Smoother Riding Surface on Eglin Parkway
Eglin Parkway is a major north-south thoroughfare that connects U.S. 98 in Okaloosa County to Eglin AFB. It includes two bridges, the Cinco Bayou and the Garnier Bayou bridges, and travels through the City of Ft. Walton Beach and the Town of Shalimar.
In addition to milling and resurfacing the asphalt pavement this construction project included:
- Replacement of the drainage system in Shalimar.
- Repairs to the Cinco Bayou and Garnier Bayou Bridges.
- Repairing and/or constructing sidewalks at selected locations.
- Safety upgrades at the Eglin Parkway - Hollywood Boulevard intersection.
- Traffic signalization upgrades.
- Replacing directional and information signage along the route.
- Installing new pavement markings.